Monday, October 26, 2009

The French Foreign Legion, 1955.

THE LANDMARK SERIES were popular in the 1950s and were probably responsible for the interest in history of millions of children. Althouh these casual biograpies were dotted with what has to be dialogue that is the work of the author's imagination, they are factually correct in dates and historically accurate. Editor
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The French Foreign Legion, 1955.
Landmark Books were a series of history books published in the 1950's for children. I loved reading them as a kid, but got most of them from the library where the had dull covers without dustjackets. I've been picking some up at thrift shops. I really enjoy the cover art, and since I seem to barely be able to make a dent in my monthly upload limit, I'm sharing them with you.

Uploaded by Marxchivist

No comments:

Post a Comment