Saturday, March 14, 2009

subway ad with monocle

I FELL IN LOVE WITH A POSTER BY EARL R. STONEBRIDGE...

Yes, I know it sounds weird. I have been called weird before. But that is okay. Yesterday evening, on my way to my little place in Yamato, I noticed this woman starring at me. It was a burning kind of look. I looked up and saw the poster you see. Okay, so it was just a feeling. Later, after I was home and painting, I heard a soft whisper outside my window. It was a feminine voice. I do not understand too much Japanese, but enough that I hurried to the door and bade the young woman inside. She was so very quiet at first. I looked at her and suddenly realized it was the young woman in the advertising poster on the train. What the hell? Oh, wow, what the hell? Hell, yes! I grew weak and leaned on the door jam. She smiled and told me to "not to be alarmed Earl-san, all is okay." I survived the shock and felt a wave of electric energy entering my mind and soul. I offered her a sake. She drank with a smile. I felt a wave of electric energy reinvigorate my mind, soul and then my body. Sake affects me positively. But wait! How could she know where to find me? It was her poster, not her. I mean, do you follow my drift?

I was off-guard for a minute, so excited by her presence I missed the essence of how she found out who I was and where I lived. Did I want to appear stupid? Did I want to act stupid? How should I ask her such a question. Her eyes were so full of warmth. Why should I worry about how she found me and all of the complex intelligence of that nature. No, why not assume it was some kind of electronic monitoring system. Let me think, she might haved posted a video cam behind an eye and scoured my sketchbook looking for a contact, a number, a clue to who I was and where I lived.

"You think too much," she whispered. I did not take the train the following day.

No comments:

Post a Comment